Dhirana 2015 Board Update Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whenever you have an update, post it here. Remember, once every two weeks in the summer and EVERY week once school starts! or you can just say hey.

+2
srp64
E-board
6 posters

Fundraising Committee Updates

E-board
    Admin

Fundraising Committee Updates Empty Fundraising Committee Updates

Post by E-board Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Hey Fundraising! Post updates here when you have them!
    srp64

Fundraising Committee Updates Empty Re: Fundraising Committee Updates

Post by srp64 Wed May 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello!

Here is a condensed list of the fundraising events for this year! We'll delegate events amongst the members of the fundraising committee so we have people that can lead and be in charge of each event. We should get more details on each event soon!

Restaurant-Subway, Five Guys, Brueggers, Chipotle
    Male Auction
    Henna Fundraiser (Depending on SASA)
    Pong Tournament
    Dhirana Dinner/Raffle (Donated Items, Pay for Ticket)
    2 Social Committee Events (i.e. Pie Exec Board)

-Shivani
    kag159

Post by kag159 Wed May 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Sounds good guys!

Let us know what rooms you want us to book for the earlier events when that is figured out so that those can get booked and finalized.

~Kamalini
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri May 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Hey,

1.) Yes, let us know the dates as soon as you guys decide. The sooner you guys decide for each event, the more likely it is that we will get the room we want. Otherwise we might have to resort to what's available.

2.) Also, make sure you guys coordinate with the social chairs as to when you guys what to have your events and they want to have theirs. We want people to be engaged with Dhriana throughout the year but too many events too close together might not necessary get that goal accomplished.

~Rushi
    trg22

Fundraising Committee Updates Empty Make up post

Post by trg22 Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Exec board,

First of all, I apologize for the delayed response, I know you've been waiting to hear from us for a while.

As we said previously, we have condensed our list of possible fundraisers to a short list of possibilities we feel would both gain a lot of funds and could be fun for members to participate in as well.

One of the requirements we have as fundraising chairs is to hold two events in coordination with social chairs. To this end, I have just started reaching out today to select these two events as well as set dates for them during the year.

Shivani and I are deciding dates and venues for our events this weekend as well. I will post to the forum with the decisions as soon as possible.

Because we have more than one event per month on our short list, we may overlap two events in one month occasionally. The full details for each event will be discovered by our committee members in the coming weeks of summer. Priority for setting dates and locations will be given to events that require campus locations and supplies such as the pong tournament. After committee members return with the details if the events are feasible and how they should be run, we will have the finalized list of fundraising events decided for the coming year. The deadline to have this done I feel should be the end of July. That way we will have time to make changes if necessary.

~Tyler Galvelis
    trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:48 am

here is a tentative list of questions and details that will be determined in the coming weeks by the fundraising committee members and chairs:

Dhirana Fundraising Events

Subway, Five Guys, Brueggers, Chipotle, McDonalds, Rita’s, Dunkin Donuts, Popeye’s, Noodles & Company

Name and contact information for person in charge of fundraisers for that company
    What is their procedure to hold a fundraiser: do they use flyers to be handed in at time of purchase?
    What portion of proceeds would be contributed to our non-profit organization?
    [Brueggers: donated bagels last year instead of funds, were sold outside of union, must get in contact to find out when the free coffee tent will be out and what organization runs that stand]
    How will proceeds be transferred after the event
    Available dates for fundraiser
    Would they like a tax exemption form: W-9 or 501 (c)

Male Auction

Available men to auction off
    Room to hold the auction

Henna Fundraiser

Where to get henna
    Cost of henna and other supplies, paper towels?
    Decide location on campus
    Talk to sasa to see if they are holding a henna fundraiser as well

Pong Tournament

Check for remaining supplies from last year with Tyler and Exec Board
    -cups
    -ping pong balls
    -water
    -tables
    -table covers
    Determine date and time (Friday may work best early before people go out)
    Reserve room (union room is most conventient for tables, possibly assembly room)
    Determine price to enter tournament
    Determine Trophy for winner/donated giftcards?
    Determine set number of teams to cap off at 32? And number of tables necessary (16 tables can be used twice for the first round)

Pie Exec Board

Supplies (determine where to get and estimate cost)
    -shaving cream or whipped cream
    -plates
    -plastic or something to keep floors clean
    Determind date and room to use on campus

This is to act as a preliminary list of details that must be determined to prepare for all the listed events. As stated before events with required room scheduling will be determined as soon as possible. These details will be delegated to our members tomorrow.
    trg22

Post by trg22 Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 am

Fundraising committee members have all been assigned two events to research for the upcoming year. I have given them guideline questions to help with their research. Here is the list:
    =Surabhi Menon
    Sundae night
    Ritas water ice fundraiser
    =Jay Vakil
    Subway
    Five Guys
    =Ruhee Jain
    Henna fundraiser
    Dunkin Donuts
    =Aadya Singh
    Pie in the face fundraiser
    McDonalds
    =Nirjhar Chakraborty
    Brueggers
    Chipotle
    =Nadia Pacheo
    Popeyes
    Noodles and Company

I have also arranged a tentative schedule for the fundraising events this year. The only events that will definitely be in their set months are for Rita's, the pong tournament, and the Indian Dinner. All other events can be changed around depending on what restaurants will be willing to work with us and when they are available but this serves a guideline for the committee members to follow to arrange a date for their respective restaurants:

September: Rita’s (Sundae night backup), FOOD [chipotle/brueggers]
    October: Pong Tournament, FOOD [five guys/noodles & co]
    November: Henna*, FOOD [popeyes, subway]
    December: Pie in the face*, FOOD [popeyes/dunkin donuts]
    January: Indian Dinner, FOOD [chipotle/dunkin donuts]
    February: FOOD* [chipotle/dunkin donuts]

Chipotle will have two events if they are willing to allow that. One event in the beginning of the year and one before the competition might be best. The goal is to hold two events each month. I have set a deadline for the committee members to finish their research 4 weeks from now on August 18th. Shivani and I will continue to work with each of them to ensure they are able to complete their research by that date. The only other events which may need to schedule a room are for the sundaes, henna, and pie fundraisers. By August 22nd, Shivani and I will have a list of all of the events we will hold this year and have the necessary information for each event. We should also have the events for September detailed out and in motion at that time as well.

Shivani and I will research the pong tournament, as it is a larger event. We will also look into the male auction and help organize the first events for september with Surabhi and Nirjhar. Specifically for the Rita's event: since it is warm for only a short time and because Rita's closes by October 19th, we are planning on holding Rita's in September. If this is not possible to organize by then, Surabhi also suggested a make your own sundae night which I feel could serve as a possible back up plan.

Also the sundae night, henna tattoo, and pie-(exec board?)-in-the-face events could serve as possibilities to combine with Puja and Shruti for a Dhirana social event. Shivani and I will discuss other possibilities for events with Puja and Shruti to schedule our events for this year.

Let us know what you think!
    kag159

Post by kag159 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 pm

sounds good guys! Just keep us updated with the progress and what you guys decide for booking a room and such.

Also try to talk to decorations about what you may need for the pong tournament.

Thanks!

~Kamalini
    kag159

Post by kag159 Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 am

Hey guys so the eboard was talking and we decided to make it easier on you by splitting up what months go to social and what months go to fundraiser.

Fundraising gets october, december, january and february.

Social gets september and november.

Thanks! Let us know if you have any questions.

~Kamalini
    trg22

Fundraising Committee Updates Empty Fundraising dates update

Post by trg22 Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Hey eboard,

So far Fundraising has been locking in dates one after another. I have a few that are definites that I will lay out in this update. Below is an updated overview of the layout for fundraisers this year.

First of all, three dates are locked in:
    1. Bruegger's September 26th all day
    2. Pong Tournament October 17th
    3. Five guys October 23rd 5-8pm

Here is the updated Monthly Outline of events:

September
    Bruegger's
    Rita's Water Ice or Cold Stone Creamery

October
    Five Guys
    Pong Tournament
    Possibly Cold Stone (early in October)

November
    Henna Fundraiser
    Chipotle

December
    Pie in the Face
    [Food]

January
    Indian Dinner
    Chipotle?
    [Food]

February
    [Food]

[Food]= Restaurants that are not locked in yet but are in process of being scheduled: Popeye's, Noodles&Co, Subway

An update on the Pumpkin situation for the pong tournament. Pitt Program Council holds two pumpkin carving events: 10/13 and 10/16.

This years places from the farm they get their pumpkins hasn't set their prices yet, but their prices last year were $0.45/ pound for the regular large pumpkins and 3 for $2.10 of the mini pumpkins. Just let me know what your thoughts are for combining the pumpkin event with the pong tournament.

Also when will the room be available to reserve for January for our dinner? I just want to be on top of that so we don't miss out on reserving the Assembly room on a Friday.

That's all I think for now.

-Tyler
    kag159

Post by kag159 Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Awesome! I think you have a good amount of events planned for the year. I would say make events on Facebook for the scheduled fundraisers about 2 weeks before they happen. I think that would be the right amount of time to get enough people to join and to make sure people don't forget about it. Are you thinking about ways to get people to sign up for the pong tournament? Are you going to have them pay in pairs like last year? Start thinking about these things if you haven't already.

Also for celebrities for the rita's water ice fundraiser, I think Surabhi knowns Sved so maybe we can ask him. I think that would be really cool. Or if anyone from Dhirana knows any football or basketball players, that would be cool too.

I think the pumpkin prices are good especially for the small ones. My only concern is, does Pitt program council do these events for free?? If so we may have trouble getting people. But we can always try.

Yep so I think that is all for right now.

Let us know if you have any more updates with the more far off events. Thanks!

~Kamalini
    trg22

Post by trg22 Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey eboard,

So there's not too much more to update on right now but a few things that have been going are this week pertained to the pumpkin carving idea and the Rita's fundraiser.

Pitt Program Council doesn't have a problem with us holding a pumpkin event the next night after their event even, they seemed a little uncomfortable if we try to undercut them but if we do painting pumpkins, which they aren't doing, they have no problem. The pumpkin place starts their season on the 20th and will set their prices then and we can get a full idea of approximate profit we can make from it.

The Rita's event requires a "celebrity" ice scoop to work the event for 3 hours from 4-7 on a weekday. We are looking for a celebrity now, top possibilities are Dean Humphrey and Bandik. An email is sent out to Dean Humphrey and Jay from my committee is going to talk to Bandik today. If these options do not pull through we can are also able to use the head of a student organization and who better than the directors of Dhirana??? So Rushi or Anand we might need your help but I'll let you know this week.

I think that's all for now, everything else is still progressing.

-Tyler
    trg22

Post by trg22 Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:18 am

Hey eboard,

So this week was our Bruegger's fundraiser as you know and it was a huge success! There was a lot of support from Dhirana people throughout the day which was awesome. My only complaint was that the manager didn't let us hand out flyers at all. This was after telling us we could hand them out as long as we weren't in her sight from within the store. Nirj and I spread out to the corners in the morning but she came out kind of mad and told us we had to leave. After that though it was pretty much just up to Dhirana people to contribute to the fundraiser. Flyering around campus and in towers didn't have as much of a direct noticeable effect as did handing out flyers in the morning on site but I think we still raised a lot of money nonetheless. I am supposed to be contacted by Bruegger's corporate center this week in terms of the amount that we made and the payment. If it was over 25 dollars they will send a check out to my address and I can take that to SORC to put towards our Dhirana account.

Also this past week I met with Ruhee and discussed what information she found out after contacting the pumpkin place.
    The baby pam pumpkins (ones used in cooking about the size of a cantaloupe) are 3 for 2.25.
    Volley ball sized go for 4 dollars each.
    Basketball sized are 3 dollars each.
    or you can pay by pound and for students its $0.30/pound.

The basketball versus volleyball price doesn't make too much sense and I am not sure if the per pound option might be cheaper or not. Our thoughts were though that if we get baby pams they are probably too small to carve but we could paint them instead. For the larger ones we could carve them.

Estimating total price for paint and brushes to be around 20 dollars and 3 extra table clothes a dollar each and plates for paint to be 5 dollars (enough for pizza too), if we charge 3 dollars per baby pam, we need to have at least 13 sales to begin making a profit from it. 13 is a reasonable number that we could do i think as long as we advertise for it and get enough dhirana/pong tournament people to participate.

If we go for the carving option and get the 3 dollar basketball pumpkins, we can share 5 dollars each and after the cost of 3 carving sets (7 dollars each) and table cloths 9 a dollar each) we could make a profit off of about 12 pumpkin sales.

I know you guys wanted me to look into this pumpkin option and these are the numbers I have come up with. Overall I think it is doable, but I think we should decide if more people favor painting or carving pumpkins. Perhaps a poll at the Dhirana meeting tomorrow night could help? Let me know what you think to this end.

Also for the upcoming Rita's event...Bandik never got back to us to confirm the date and thus we have not secured the date with Rita's yet. However, I am waiting on Bandik until 11am tomorrow to respond. If not by then, then could Rushi still fill in the "celebrity" position this upcoming Friday? I am going to meet the manager of Rita's tomorrow to secure in the date. I don't foresee Friday being an issue as far as needed more notice before the date of the actual event and after I meet with him tomorrow we should be secure for another fundraiser. Now if Bandik does respond by 11am tomorrow then I will need to get into contact with Josh to make a Flyer for the event that we can advertise to all the Bandik fans around campus so that we can build up some hype for this event. If he doesn't respond then we need to get some Rushi Flyers circulating throughout campus. Either way my steps now are to wait for Bandik until 11am, talk to Rita's manager about the event date, and talk to Josh about flying for the event.

I think that's all for now, I will see you guys tomorrow and maybe we can have a poll during the meeting.

Thanks,

Tyler
    trg22

Fundraising Committee Updates Empty 3 upcoming events

Post by trg22 Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey guys,

So fundraising is pretty busy right now and for the next few weeks. As you know, we have three events coming up: Rita's on Wednesday Oct 8th, the Halloween Pong Tournament/Pumpkin Painting on Oct 17th, and Five Guys Fundraiser on Oct 23rd.

Let's start with Rita's. So the Facebook event is up and running and we have begun PRing for it but we need to up the sharing EXPONENTIALLY. I know that we are just one organization and a lot of our friends are in Dhirana but there are SO many people that are fans of Bandik. I plan on making everyone who walks into chevron aware that George will be scooping Rita's water ice and if they go he will personally scoop them out some Rita's. I am going to SORC on Monday to Print and cut 600 quarter page flyers and 50 full page flyers. Fundraising committee members who have class in chevron on monday will distribute the flyers throughout the classroom and lobby areas. We will repeat this on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Also Jay is going to talk to Bandik to have him make an announcement on Wednesday that he will be holding a fundraiser at Rita's in each of his classes. Besides this, we will be flying around campus to try to reach out to all the other Bandik/Rita's/Dhirana fans that exist who don't go to chevron everyday.

So basically we are spamming the campus with images of Dhirana, Bandik's face, and Rita's.

Next is the Pong Tournament. So far the room is reserved for the William Pitt Union Ballroom and I have submitted the food donation request form, snack request form to be allowed to have food in that room, and I reserved a mic, projector, and Mac-projector cable that we will need for the event from the tech center.

As you know we are splitting the room into 2 areas, half pong tournament, half sitting or eating/pumpkin painting area. I think Rushi reserved 25 tables? Thats what the reservation lady said was on the EMS when I spoke with her. For the Pong Tournament we can probably work with 16 teams, 8 tables. That way the first round will be split in half, the left side of the bracket goes first, followed by the right side of the bracket.The other tables that we have reserved should we just keep them and set them up on the other side of the room?

(also does anyone know we could increase the number of teams to work well with bracket style? I am totally open to having more than 16 teams but I know that that is a reasonable cut off to make a nice looking functional bracket. Any ideas, please let me know?)

I have tables reserved for this Thursday and Friday as well as next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in Towers Lobby to have people prepay for the pong tournament and pumpkin painting. As far as registration I am looking into what we did last year with the google form to register people and then collect team money at the tabling hours. Unfortunately the Towers tabling hours that we have are mostly in the morning due to time constraint. I will probably set up time in Cathedral that people can meet with me to turn in money for their teams or for pumpkin payments. Also the Facebook event will be launch Wednesday night after the Rita's event.

I will need to get a car to go pick up supplies/pumpkins. I have my list of supplies made including table covers, 1 extra bag of cups ( I have 92, need 96), I have ping pong balls, plates for pizza/painting, paint/brushes (talk to SORC to see what they have on Monday), I ordered Black and Orange gallons 144 mix pack for 14 dollars. I think they will help with decorating a lot. I texted Dipika about stuff but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Also for Pizza...so Josh no longer has a contact with EatStreet but he said that they are apparently much more strict about how they do donations this year compared to last. So I need to look into how I can get pizzas for the event as cheap as possible. Do you guys have any ideas for this?

I think thats the majority of the stuff for the halloween event, as for Five Guys all I have is that I am opting not to have tables in towers on the basis that flying there probably doesn't work as much for a food fundraiser. So the day of we will be standing out on the corners handing flyers out to everyone walking by.

Thanks guys for your help.

We are gonna be busy but I think we should have all this covered.

Oh the candy gram stuff suggested by Aditi sounds good and its awesome that her boss wants to donate but I think we might be a little too busy for october to pull off a fourth event. Possibly Christmas or Valentine's day?

and I also need a table for Rita's, akshaya you said you have one but your not sure if it fits in your car? Let me know about that too>

Thank guys!
    Tyler
    trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:22 pm

hey eboard,

So this week is the Dhirana's (or as Union so considerately spells it Dihrahana's) Halloween Party for the Water Pong Tournament. Tabling will be on Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Basically this week is all about getting people to register and turn in money ASAP. I need help from everyone to advertise and get as many teams signed up and pumpkin painters on the list as well. Almost all supplies are collected now. Pumpkins will be picked up Thursday (Anand I know you said that we can possibly use your car or you can drive, let me know what you want to do with that). Pizza is still being looked into as well. My committee is supposed to update me today on that. I also never got word back from union on the donated food request so I will follow up with them tomorrow as well (I think they will be working tomorrow??)
    So for this meeting on Tuesday that Rushi and I are going to, I think we should be fine. I ordered a projector and mic for the event so they probably want to go over that, as well as maybe how to set up the tables. I don't think we should have a problem but Rushi and I will handle it.

Besides that Five Guys is next week, I will verify that Five Guys knows that as well. And Brueggers Corporate people had the check requested to be sent out on Wednesday this passed week. I should get that soon.

Also I will have Kamalini reserve the Assembly room, for the Indian dinner in January, tomorrow because I believe tomorrow is the first day spring semester dates become available.

Thats all for now I think.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Oh but I am also going to bring my computer to the meeting tomorrow, can we tell people to bring money with them to sign up tomorrow? I'll post something in the groupme about it
    trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry this will be a little shorter than usual, busy with studying.

Anyway the pong tournament was a huge success! we brought in $570 before reimbursements!!!! after reimbursements we still made $450! Thank you everyone for helping out, I owe like everyone pretty much. Ruhee was by far the biggest help with all this probably even more helpful than me.

For bruegger's, no check yet I will get on them about this after my tests on Tuesday. They said they were having it sent in the mail but i never received said check.

Also this week is Five Guys! Its on Friday, I have flyers, I think I might try to keep this more low key though as far as dhirana people go. I'm not sure how many meat eaters we have total and I just had people pay for the tournament too. So I'll mention it but besides that the day of my committee and I will hand out flyers at the corners of the block.

Thats all i think, see you guys tomorrow.

-Tyler
    trg22

Post by trg22 Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:37 am

Hey guys,

So theres not too much going on with fundraising now. We are waiting to hear back from Five Guys most likely tomorrow, they said 3 days. There is also Chipotle coming up November 9th but thats still two weeks out. We will make a group for that but I don't think we need too much help with advertising. I am going to scope out chipotle though and see what the crowd is like around 4 and 8. I feel like if they are light lines then, we should advertise the event to Dhirana people and tell them to come between 4-5 maybe if thats light.

Besides that we can start working on the Dinner for January. I know social is going to be doing something for november so I the Henna fundraiser we were planning for then will probably be pushed back to next semester, especially since December is mainly going to be testing.

Since the Dinner is going to be on the 23rd, may be able to hold a fundraiser the first week in January, something small like another food fundraiser but as of right now nothing is lined up. I will see if my team can get on that though just to double check.

Thats all I've got see you guys tomorrow night.

-Tyler
    trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey eboard,
    sorry for the late update.

Fundraising just has the chipotle fundraiser coming up this weekend. Shivani set up the Facebook page and has been in contact with PR for the event. She also created the doodle for our committee to hand out flyers during the event.

For now I think thats all we have.

I will see you guys tomorrow, sorry about last meeting, I got in kind of a jam right before it started but I will definitely be there tomorrow.

Also Five Guys money isn't in yet but I am anticipating it coming in soon.
    trg22

Post by trg22 Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Hey eboard,

So we had the Chipotle fundraiser yesterday as you know so I should hear back from them sometime this week about how much we made.

But on Saturday Fundraising also met to discuss the rest of our upcoming events for this semester. Shivani and I talked to our committee about holding a candy gram tabling in towers in early december, holding a henna fundraiser next semester, and about the dinner. We have divvied up indian restaurant locations for our people to be in contact with by Thanksgiving so we can get an early jump on who can donate. As we get more information for how this is going we will let you know but for now things are getting started and heading in the right direction. I just need to talk with sponsorship to go over what they have discussed with tamarind already as well as any other indian restaurants.

Here is the list of indian restaurants:
    Udipi
    Yuva India
    Indian truck (guy)
    India on Wheels
    Mintt
    Prince of India
    Tamarind
    All India
    Taj Mahal

*India Garden is purposefully not on this list

The menu that we are going to ask them is listed below:

Rice
    Naan
    Gobi Manchurian
    Paneer Makhani
    Chicken Tikka Masala or Butter
    Vegetable Korma
    Malay Kofta
    Raita
    Mango Lassi?

Shivani and I will create a template for what each committee member should say when asking the restaurants about donations and as we find out more info we will let you know.

That's all for this week.

Tyler

trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Hey EBoard,

So this week i was in contact with Chipotle about obtaining the money. I sent them all the necessary forms and as of Thursday, Nov. 20th they said we will receive the money within 14 days.

Fundraising committee is also looking forward to holding our candy gram event after Thanksgiving break. We have tables scheduled in towers to sell candy grams and have people leave notes for the recipients. We will distribute the candy grams by emailing the recipients over the weekend. They will come to pick up their candy grams on that sunday from the library, no money will be exchanged but it seems like a convenient spot to give people their candy grams (also Towers does not allow tabling during finals week). We will sell each item for 1 dollar, and we are getting the candy all donated by Katie's Kandies. A FB page and flyers are being made and the doodle will be released closer to the date, hopefully to help people keep to their scheduled times better.

As far as the dinner, Shivani and I met and made a list of the necessary items to get for the dinner and we have split up research on all the items and paperwork needed to be ready for the event. Everything should be planned out and carried out before and during break.

I believe thats all I have for now.

Oh also I will not be able to attend this meeting on Monday, I am back home for break already. Hope you guys have a happy Thanksgiving!

See you on the 1st!

-Tyler Galvelis
    akshaya.arjunan

Post by akshaya.arjunan Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:09 am

Major events coming up: Dhirana Dinner, Candy Grams for Valentines Day, and Henna night?
    - Candy gram details - Valentines Day?
    - Details for Henna event - is this still going to happen?
    - Dinner:

Decide how many tickets each board member is required to sell
    figure out tabling times in Towers for dinner tickets
    Decide who you want to talk at the event ( anand and akshaya wont be here)
    Check with sponsorship about food - Tamarind and one other place? - send final menu and total amount from each place once finalized
    Check with design and ticketing to make sure tickets are ready to be sold right when we come back from break - These need to be ordered during break
    Donated food request for soda and cookies - do this during break

Talk to decorations about what you need for dinner
    Talk to Ameer about paying with panther funds - make sure it is set up at least 2 weeks before the event
    Catering exemption forms - double check that it is handed in
    trg22

Post by trg22 Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Eboard,

So here is where things are at with fundraising.

The dinner is the main focus obviously right now so lets start there.
    TICKETS HAVE ARRIVED. I am currently finishing numbering them and enveloping them to hand out to dhirana members on monday at the meeting. Everyone will sell 5 tickets each for $5 each. They are allowed to buy one ticket for themselves if they want and sell the rest but they are each responsible for getting $25 to us by next monday. I understand some people might have an issue selling 5 tickets but I do not want to bring this up until next mondays meeting so hopefully people will be compelled to sell all of their tickets by then. I have chosen monday as the date to hand in the money and tickets because tabling will start tuesday-thursday so the remaining tickets can be sold then.

I am paralleling Kamalini's layout of keeping track of who each ticket is sold to. Every ticket is numbered, 1-300. we have 500 total so I will number to around 350 to have some extras. There is a google doc with every dhirana member's name on it and I will leave 5 spaces under each name to keep track of their tickets that they sell. They will be responsible for writing down each name for the people they sell the tickets too on the envelope. We will be able to verify the ticket number wight he correct name at the door the night of the event.

As far as food goes, Ruhee and Shivani are working staying in contact with the last few places that sponsorship compiled on their list. So far only one other place besides tamarind possibly can donate for the dinner. That is Namaste India with one tray of malai kofta, but this has to be confirmed with the manager. Many other places we are still in contact with, hopefully fundraising is having more luck.

I think I might try to get India on Wheels to donate to the dinner in addition to the mixer. My roommate works for the manager, Jai, so I might have a little extra leeway to talk. What do you think for that?

I found the paper I saved from last year's dinner for 200 people to see what the actual consumption of the food was compared to what was ordered. With this information, I applied the proportions to 300 people. In addition to the 2 chicken tikka, 2 paneer makhani, 4 gobi manchurian, and 4 rice that tamarind is donating to us we need:

3.5 Naan
    1.25 Rice
    1.25 Gobi
    4.75 chicken tikka
    4.5 veg korma
    4.5 malai kofta
    4 paneer makhani

THIS IS A SCARY AMOUNT OF FOOD. I am honestly nervous. So I have had Praveen working on getting info for some catering costs as backups if donations don't pull through. This is a very expensive option though so it is just a backup.

For supplies, I need to make a trip to Walmart on Tuesday to pick up the table clothes I ordered. There is a costco right near there too. Rushi do you still have those access cards to use? Rupali, who has a costco card, can't make it on Tuesday and I can't go on Monday so I may need to use one of those passes you were talking about. Once I go to costco, I can compare prices for plates, sporks, serving utensils, and napkins(if we can't get them donated) and make a decision in the store where the cheapest option is so we can purchase them. We have 175 plates already so we should probably have double that, 350. I will look to buy that many more as well as compare the price in store for sporks versus 18 dollars online for 1000. The serving utensils, if not provided by tamarind, we can buy online as well or in store. online. Anything that is cheaper online I am going to have Arpita order everything we need since she has amazon prime.

Besides all the food and supplies, we need to sell out!
    PR is a must!
    we need people on their game, hitting up fraternities, sororities, freshman floors in dorms, groups, anything. I want to seek out individuals in dhirana and tell them specifically that they need to advertise to these groups otherwise we won't make the max amount of profit.

Even if we have to buy food I want to try to get 1000 profit at least still out of this dinner. It's unfortunate with the lack of donations this year but thats what we have to deal with unfortunately.

Any advice?

The forms for donated cookies and drinks are in, I requested water and soda, i will follow up to ensure that goes through. All the info was handed in with updated forms from tamarind for catering exemption so that should be set as well. They each said I will get emails once approved but I need some more time to plan, I can't just wait for them to get back to me so if i don't hear from them mid week I will check in myself.

As far as decorations all I told Dipika was to make a giant sign to promote the Dinner, If she can make it before tabling that would be most beneficial I believe. i am getting the paper today from Nirj then giving it to her tomorrow at the meeting, she has one week to get it done before I need it back on Tuesday for tabling the week of the dinner.

I believe we are set up to pay with panther funds at tabling already but I can check with Ameer to make sure its done right.

For the other events, we are planning on a candy gram event for valentines day. The henna event is being replaced by this so it will no longer be happening, mainly due to time constraints in relation to the competition.

Please feel free to comment, advise, anything really as far as dinner stuff goes. It's coming together but food is intimidating. Also I need to find someone with a car who can go to costco/walmart on tuesday. I might ask that on the groupie again but seeing that the last time I asked about a car in the groupme the responses were less than 1, this might be a struggle.

Alright thats where we are at, see you all tomorrow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am