Dhirana 2015 Board Update Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whenever you have an update, post it here. Remember, once every two weeks in the summer and EVERY week once school starts! or you can just say hey.

4 posters

Liaison Committee Updates

E-board
    Admin

Liaison Committee Updates Empty Liaison Committee Updates

Post by E-board Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Hey Liaison Committee! Post updates here when you have them!
    rikinmathur

Liaison Committee Updates Empty Re: Liaison Committee Updates

Post by rikinmathur Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 am

I have contacted my assistant chairs and asked them to gather updates from chairs every week. I am also planning to contact both the hotels this week and get early information about pricing of rooms and after-party for next year. I will be sending emails to all the ambassadors this week regarding helping chairs on their specific committees and additional information about becoming a liaison. The goal is to help the ambassadors early as much as I can so that we can get a higher quality of service from them in return through the year. I will post more updates in the coming week and the following week, as I will be in Pittsburgh starting the 18th of May.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Wed May 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Nothing much new from last time. I have contacted both the hotels for the prices and details as far as holding the afterparty in the same hotel. I asked them if it would be cheaper to do it together as opposed to in two different places. We will be contacting chairs shortly to get updates on ambassadors, especially mixer since that is a very active committee currently.
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Rikin,

1.) Hey could you email me the names of people you contacted at both the hotels?

2.) Also, when are you going to be in Oakland. Could you tell me when you will be so we can go together to talk to the hotels about pricing, sponsorship, etc.? Make sure you contact me before you go!

3.) We need a better way of keeping track of ambassadors. Could you come up with a way to best do it? I think you have a system. If you have one, could you tell us in detail the point system or which ever system you want to use? Because I'm not completely aware of it and many ambassadors have asked me about it. And also, make sure the Ambassadors know this.

~Rushi
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Hey,

Sorry for the delay in post.

1) I contacted Sharon Berckmiller and Mark Frechione at Hilton Garden Inn. The price has gone up 7$ since last year but $124 isn't too bad. I hope you saw I forwarded you that email last night.

2) I am going home this weekend but in about two weeks? (I have week off from my internship)

3) The system was pretty basic last year with points being awarded on basis of attendance and contribution to committees. 1 point for attending meetings, 2 points for helping out a chair, 3 points for going out of their way to help/outstanding work. I didn't end up using it to tally points because we only had 16 ambassadors left as the rest quit, so all of them became liaisons. Currently, I am just tracking progress through contacting chairs and using the old system. I will let you know if anything gets updated.
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Sounds good!!!

Thanks for the update; let us know when you will be meeting the person at Hilton and also, at Wyndham so I can come with you.

And I like the tally system for the summer. Just make sure you keep that updated because we have quiet a bit more ambassadors this year.

Thanks

~ Rushi
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:34 am

I am still waiting on a reply from the Wyndham. I will call them today to speed things up. Keeping track of ambassador attendance at events/meetings and progress through email.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi everyone, I went and met with Wyndham. I will give a detailed overview of my meeting with them tonight. Ambassador points are being tracked. I am starting to get a good idea of who is promising for a position on the "Sixteen Team" as I am calling it now; a couple of people I am already sure of will make it on the team.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:53 am

I have finalized a price with Wyndham. Unfortunately, the price of 97$ through the discount Tyler showed me cannot be applied to a large group. They have subsidized us a little more and set the price at 129$. We can discuss this tonight. Ambassador progress is being tracked carefully just like every week.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 pm

I have notified Wyndham that we would like to go ahead and setup a contract with the hotel. Before we do that, I will be taking a tour of the rooms to compare it to Hilton garden Inn and make sure that it is to our liking. Ambassador Progress Reports were emailed this past weekend.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello E-board,

Ambassador work is being tracked as usual. I have most of my final 16 setup with 15 days to go. There are a few ambassadors that have simply been outstanding in the last two weeks, surpassing all expectations. Ambassador performance has gone up in general in the last two weeks as a results of the Monday night meetings this month and constant encouragement on the group-me.

Please take a look at the contract in detail today and let me know if there are any changes to be made. I can't promise a discount on after-party right now but I think we should keep the room they gave us regardless for the afternoon. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks again.
    rikinmathur

Post by rikinmathur Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 pm

For this week, I am trying to wrap up the final discussion of the contract and hopefully sign it. Also, negotiating ballroom price for after-party. This past weekend, ambassadors were notified of their rankings with only a few days left until decisions. I have most of them selected with a few of them fighting for the last spots.
    akshaya.arjunan

Post by akshaya.arjunan Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:19 am

- Gift baskets
    send us updated prices for the following team gifts
    earmuffs
    travel bag
    blanket
    scarf
    fuzzy socks
    texting gloves

- Liaisons need to come to all meetings next semester