Dhirana 2015 Board Update Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whenever you have an update, post it here. Remember, once every two weeks in the summer and EVERY week once school starts! or you can just say hey.

4 posters

Ticketing Committee Updates

E-board
    Admin

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Ticketing Committee Updates

Post by E-board Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey Ticketing! Post updates here when you have them!
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty 5/10/2014

Post by akkpatel Sat May 10, 2014 11:59 pm

I have been looking at different ticketing services to see which would be the best option.
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty 5/24 Ticketing

Post by akkpatel Mon May 26, 2014 12:51 am

So far I think the Eventbright is the best option, so I am just verifying that there are no better options out there!
    rushipatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Re: Ticketing Committee Updates

Post by rushipatel Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 am

If you find another service for ticketing. Make sure they have two things: Cell phone check in. and also, when purchasing a ticket, they shouldn't have to sign up with a new account.

Also, contact social / fundraising if they need help with making tickets for any of their events coming up.

Lastly, just briefly think about how you want the ticketing system to be set up. Do you want to have physical tickets as well as online ticket!!!
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Post 3

Post by akkpatel Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:17 am

I believe that eventbright is the best option! I want to do both physical tickets (through eventbright) and online tickets. This will also allow us to be much more organized then using vistaprint or something like that.
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Post 4

Post by akkpatel Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:12 am

I Emailed both ticketleap and event bright to clear up questions that I had bout there physical ticket and policies. Ticketleap got back to me and i have sent them a second email clarifying any further questions. Event bright hasn't responded yet.
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Sounds good!! Sometimes eventbrite tends to take a while to reply. If you don't hear back from them make sure you call them at some point. And let us know what they say.

~Rushi
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty 07/11

Post by akkpatel Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Okay so eventbrite finally got back to me!

Eventbrite said that they do not print hard tickets because they are "green company", they said what they tell people to do if they want to sell hard tickets is to go onto there event page and buy as many tickets as you need online under Dhriana 2015, print those e-tickets and sell those as hard tickets.

- I personally think this is not the best option

Ticketleap works in the same way as eventbrigh, they sell tickets online, they have a mobile app that that allows you to check in people by scanning the tickets, they also print tickets which are compatible with the mobile app, they charge $0.25 per ticket for printing. Ticketleap's online ticket fees are $1+2% of ticket price (comparable to eventbrite's $0.99 +2.5% of ticket price).

http://help.ticketleap.com/customer/portal/articles/1241472

akkpatel

Post by akkpatel Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:09 am

So apparently the information that the eventbrite rep gave me when i called a few weeks ago, and posted about in my last post was incorrect. The email that I sent to eventbrite about a month ago finally got a response. In the email they gave us the option to use a "newly" announced partnership between eventbrite and LeanTicket that allows us to print physical tickets that are fully integratable with eventbrigte's check in app. they also gave me a useless link for more information (http://www.eventbrite.com/apps/leanticket). So I called them to clear up some questions I had, but the eventbrite rep had absolutely no idea what LeanTicket even was so... he said he would ask around and see if they was any information that they could find on the "partnership".

I waited on hold for 30 min for absolutely no reason... I currently hate eventbrite!

Well thats that...
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Ok. So I sent you an email just now about this before reading what you had in this post. Ask Ticketleap how the hard ticket system works. If it's anything like lean ticket, let's just go with ticket leap. It's a little cheaper and it also might have a built in system as opposed to an external system like eventbrite.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Up Date 01/09/2014

Post by akkpatel Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Ok these are our two options:

Eventbrite -
    There fees are 2.5% of the ticket value + $0.99 per ticket + 3% credit card processing fee. Eventbrite offers a 501 c3 status discount, which is 2% of ticket value + $0.99 per ticket + 3% credit card processing fee. Event bright offers hard ticket printing trough a third party, leanticket.com, for 500 tickets they charge $160.00. These hard tickets are fully integrated with Eventbrites mobile checking app.

Ticketleap -
    There fees are 2% of ticket value + $1.00 per ticket + 3% credit card processing fee. Ticketleap does not however offer a 501 c3 stays discount. Ticketleap prints hard tickets when requested costing $125.00 for 500 tickets. These tickets are also fully integrated into there mobile app

I have requested a demo from ticketleap.
    akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Update

Post by akkpatel Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:04 pm

I am getting a call form ticketleap some time this week! then i will talk to Rushi or Anand or someone and decide which service to go with!
    akkpatel

Post by akkpatel Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 pm

I have decided to go with ticketleap as this years ticketing service tongue
    akkpatel

Post by akkpatel Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 am

Both the

Dhirana 2014: National Dance Competition

http://dhirana2015.ticketleap.com/dhirana-2015/

and the

Dhirana 2014: Donations

http://dhirana2015.ticketleap.com/dhirana-2015-donations/

pages are up, though tickets for "Dhirana 2014: National Dance Competition" are halted till we decide to start selling them.

akkpatel

Ticketing Committee Updates Empty Update

Post by akkpatel Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Right now i am only looking into who to work with the temples and other organisations to sell tickets, so I will talk to shravani and the SV and HJ temple youth group presidents and see what we can do.
    akkpatel

Post by akkpatel Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:48 pm

I have created both the first and second registration packets pages on ticket leap.

For the first registration packet

Penn Thillana
    Natya at Berkeley
    UMD Moksha

have paid

I have got the contact info for SV and HJ youth groups

And after Mondays meeting I am setting up the donations and ticketing pages on the Dhirana website with Josh
    akshaya.arjunan

Post by akshaya.arjunan Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 am

- Make it possible to pay for show ticket and Dhirana dinner using panther funds and credit card
    - Get the physical tickets for the Dinner and Show (plan how we are going to get them and give us details)
    - Have Dhirana Dinner tickets ready to be sold when arrive back from break
    - Details on how you will run ticketing the day of the show
    - Start planning times to sell tickets for dinner and show (towers lobby TABELING, if you will make chairs sell...etc.)
    - Get cash box from Kamalini

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 am