Dhirana 2015 Board Update Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whenever you have an update, post it here. Remember, once every two weeks in the summer and EVERY week once school starts! or you can just say hey.

5 posters

Design Committee Updates

E-board
    Admin

Design Committee Updates Empty Design Committee Updates

Post by E-board Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey Design! Post updates here when you have them!
    Joshua Butler

Design Committee Updates Empty Re: Design Committee Updates

Post by Joshua Butler Sat May 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Since summer began, I have been doing research on new website design sources as well as popular, modern features that can be incorporated. I've also begun brainstorming the color scheme and design for the shirt.
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I have begun working on a potential new logo (modified minimally to keep the same concept as that of before, just more modern) and am almost done with a t-shirt draft. I've now begun to look at the website to see if I can improve it using software other than Wix.
    yanandbhai
    Admin

Post by yanandbhai Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 pm

do you need any design materials? i have psd and illustrator files for the dancers/arch, etc. i can put them in the data bank if you'd like.
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri May 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Hey Josh!

1.) It's nice to hear that you started working on the designs. Could we possibly send us any draft that you might have? Something just to give us an idea of where you are going we the logo. It's also fine if you want to wait till you have a more solid idea.

2.) Can we focus on the new Dhirana logo for Facebook profile picture / cover picture first? We can start by updating that and then moving to website / flyers / and other design stuff.

3.) Also, did you get a chance to get the pictures from Shivani? If you didn't, ask her to upload it to wetransfer.com. You can share up to 2 GB worth of data at a time. If you already got it, could you tell us how many GB all the pictures are? We want to find a central location for it.

~Rushi
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:38 am

Update: I have several drafts that I will send to the e-board either this upcoming weekend or the next. In response to the past two posts, it'd be great if you shared those in the data bank just in case, Anand! Also, I will focus on the Dhirana logo for the Facebook profile picture / cover photo and send you pictures with the appropriate dimensions when I send the drafts. I keep forgetting to get the photos from Shivani, so I'll send her a message tomorrow and ask her to upload them to wetransfer.com or Google Drive. If there's anything else you'd like me to focus on and send with the drafts next weekend at the latest, please let me know!

Josh
    yanandbhai
    Admin

Post by yanandbhai Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:10 pm

everything i have regarding the logo is up in the dhirana resource bank
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Sounds good!!!! Also, once you get all the picture. Can you find one from this past year that includes the eboard. and also another picture that has all the dancers during mangalam at the end. We need to give it to someone. Let me know when you find it! Thanks!!!

~ Rushi
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:49 am

Hey Josh, as soon as you finish the flyer, can we speed up the website updating process. We need it fully ready by the time school year starts. Hopefully a couple of days before the activities fair. Could you make sure this happens please!!???!?!
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Of course Rushi, I'll have the flyer done really quickly because it's an easy project, then I'll work hard to make sure whatever I can do with the website gets done before the activities fair so people can check it out if they're interested!
    rushipatel

Post by rushipatel Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey Josh, what's the status on the website? I didn't see any updates on it on the main site so I was wondering if you have been working in the back end? Can you let me know? We want it up and running by activities fair which is in a couple of days. We don't need the entire site update but mainly the overall theme the main content. Some of it you can work on later. can for now put under Construction. Let me know if you need any help!!
    Joshua Butler

Design Committee Updates Empty Updates

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:35 am

Hey guys,

I just sent the three color schemes as requested to EBoard, now awaiting to see which colors are chosen to get a final logo design ready to go. The website has continually been worked on in my spare time, but I don't want to rush anything until I have more experienced CS people's input. The collage has been on the backburner, but I will be sending it back completed as soon as possible. Let me know what else you want to see happen while I'm working on these!

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 am

Dearest E-Board,

I drew a couple flyer ideas during class (whoops) that I'll be making soon. With that will be coming several drafts for final logos so that we can begin showing it off everywhere. Large portions of the website will be put together at the end of this week after my exam as well as when I have time this week in between study hours. Finally, I know flyer/logo and website are top priority right now, but I was also wondering how early shirts will be ordered just for my reference. Hope everything's going well!

Best, Josh

P.S. Sorry for posting this so late, I got caught up studying and didn't even realize I hadn't posted yet.
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 am

Loves,

I researched t-shirt prices through both Dhirana's source last year and other ones that I could find. The best source is still t-shirt land. The charts at the bottom indicate that approximately 50-99 t-shirts would have a base price of $2.00 each, but that's without print. I submitted a quote request for the design I have now and also asked how much it would be to just have one object instead of the multiple dancers on the front. They should be getting back to me by mid-week as to how much both the short-sleeved and the long-sleeved shirts cost, so I will text you guys and post here as to how much each is.

Next order of business is the website. If I could please receive my assistant chairs' email addresses and/or phone numbers that would be great. I would like them after tomorrow's meeting if it's possible at all because I really want to get this website 100% done and launched within the next week or two with your approval. I have tasks allocated to each of my assistant chairs to ensure we meet these deadlines and will be sending them to the guys tomorrow. I'm hoping to have a strong visual by the end of this weekend to present to you guys and get your approval/opinions on what to change and adjust.

Finally, I was wondering if you received the flyer template that I sent for the main event. I sent them multiple times while I was in some rough wi-fi waters and am not sure if they went through or not.

If you guys have any questions or I forgot anything, please let me know and I will address them within a day. I won't be at tomorrow's meeting, so I tried to post everything that's going on right now as far as I can remember.

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi guys,

This past week, Devansh and I talked about the website. We have decided to change it to SquareSpace and have already gone ahead beginning to put it up. The basic framework is up and available to be viewed. This includes tabs with information and various media, the names of our sponsors, etc. I would like to have the committee's pictures shared with me so I can add them to the "Meet the E-Board" section. I also wanted to talk to you guys about getting a premium account with SquareSpace. It's inexpensive and has numerous perks that could provide useful for designing of a professional, sleek website. I just got done with my OChem exam and will be spending the next two days perfecting the website, which means I expect it to be done by Wednesday night. If there's anything else for me to do or you guys want to talk about the website more before I begin tweaking details, let me know tonight.

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi guys,

This past week, Devansh and I talked about the website. We have decided to change it to SquareSpace and have already gone ahead beginning to put it up. The basic framework is up and available to be viewed. This includes tabs with information and various media, the names of our sponsors, etc. I would like to have the committee's pictures shared with me so I can add them to the "Meet the E-Board" section. I also wanted to talk to you guys about getting a premium account with SquareSpace. It's inexpensive and has numerous perks that could provide useful for designing of a professional, sleek website. I just got done with my OChem exam and will be spending the next two days perfecting the website, which means I expect it to be done by Wednesday night. If there's anything else for me to do or you guys want to talk about the website more before I begin tweaking details, let me know tonight.

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:59 am

Hey guys,

I created a flyer design for our water pong and pumpkin painting fundraising event and gave it to Tyler for advertisement. I also sent the flyer design with this year's colors that I kept forgetting about, so please make sure you received that. Aside from beginning to see which logo looks the best on the dark red shirts, I've just been adding small things to the website and waiting for more chairs to give me work. If I'm forgetting anything, please let me know.

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Hey guys,

Sent three main event flyers out, waiting to hear back if any need modification or if they're good as-is. Devansh said he has the website payment down, so we can begin advertising the website and I need to talk to Ameer about putting a direct ticket payment link in. That's all I've got on my end, let me know if you have anything for me to work on.

Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey guys,

I'll be sending you all the inverted flyers tomorrow after my OChem exam. Also, the website is a go! That's all I have for now!
    Best, Josh
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey guys,

Currently trying to figure out how to make Kamalini and Shruti centered on the website, Squarespace hasn't let me do it yet but I might have an idea of what to do. That being said, just brainstorming ideas on how to make it look cooler. I'm also almost done enhancing the quality of the Birmingham Clinic poster. I also am trying to brainstorm a few cooler cover photos and twitter pictures to use for PRing.
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry for posting on here so late, I had an exam today and also just got back from Chaos. On Wednesday, I began looking at templates to help Anand make the teaser trailer later on. I added a "Donate" button on the new website thanks to Ameer and asked Devansh to make dhirana.com work the same as www.dhirana.com. I have a couple logo replacement ideas that I'm going to start working on tonight to see if they work better than the Dhirana 2015 one currently. On Thursday, I began working on the cover photo and profile picture for Facebook / Twitter. I didn't get to work on them much this weekend, but those will be completed ASAP and sent your way.
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:47 am

Almost done with the PR designs (cover photos and profile pictures), will send those very soon for review, I just have a few exams early this week that I need to get through first. Same goes with the blurb, I'm sorry it's over a week late I'll send it ASAP with my baby photo. Website is a go for public launch on the first, if you guys could just review it and make sure everything looks okay and is correct, then Devansh and I will review it before the launch to make sure everything's fully updated. Began looking at templates for the teaser video, but not too much yet. If there's anything I forgot, please let me know.
    akshaya.arjunan

Post by akshaya.arjunan Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:17 am

- Put the sponsorship packet on the website and have a link for people to donate/sponsor money
    - Send Dhirana Dinner ticket design to Tyler/Shivani by mid winter break so they can get them printed
    - Talk to PR and finalize (I <3 Dhirana) design so it can become public after break
    - Design t-shirts
    Also finalize designs for what they want on Union screens - 2 - one flyer and one video
    - Dhirana.com alone does not work (fix if possible)
    Ticketing information needs to go on website
    Google analystics for the website (talk to Rushi...do it at the meeting)
    akshaya.arjunan

Post by akshaya.arjunan Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 am

oh and also, work with PR to make dhirana specific holiday posts for christmas and new years so that we dont have to use generic posts!
    Joshua Butler

Post by Joshua Butler Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey guys,

The sponsorship packet is on the website, but the donate button hasn't been working for Devansh or myself for a few days now, so we might just have to create one through SquareSpace unless one of us figures it out. That being said, Dhirana.com is now working again. I'll be sending the dinner ticket design to Tyler/Shivani before Christmas so that they will be printed in time. I also sent Ameer an email asking him about ticket information so that I can put it all on the website and everyone can start buying tickets. I'm going to text my assistant chairs tonight to talk to PR about the Union screens and I <3 Dhirana design so that I can get those done and send them for approval. If anything is very high-priority and time-sensitive (by Christmas or by the end of this week) aside from the holiday posts, please let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:00 am